23 November 2009

Excuses Excuses

Hey everyone! I know I haven't posted in a while and I was looking forward to posting last Thursday when the unthinkable happened; My MacBook Pro broke!!! Fortunately, I brought my old MacBook (also broken but useable) but all of my pictures are saved on the other computer. So I'm making due with what I have. But I'm going to check out the new Apple Store right here in Paris later today to get all of my problems solved!!!

But you may ask where I have been these past few weeks and the answer is...everywhere! Three weekends ago I traveled with NYU to the towns of Metz and Nancy in France, very close to the German boarder. I signed up for the trip last minute and wasn't really sure what to expect, but of course as always NYU pulled through and made what could have been a boring trip quite interesting. One of my favorite parts was the tour guide that I had for the English tour in Metz. He was adorable! And he had a cute story about moving to France because of his wife. I took a few stalker shots of him. : )
But beyond that, Metz was beautiful and then we took a side trip to La Maison de la Mirabelle where they grow Mirabelles which are some kind of fruit similar to a peach. I even posed with a giant Mirabelle. And the next day we headed off to Nancy.
Nancy was great mostly because of this great find.

That's right a carnival that just happened to be going on while we were in Nancy. I drank Van Chaud (Hot Wine) which is a typical drink for Noel or Christmas, rode some rides, and even won a stuffed fish and a lollipop.

The next weekend I took a break from the hustle and bustle of Paris and made a quick stop back home in Philadelphia to visit with my mom and with all of my friends I haven't seen for a few months. I went shopping and enjoyed some home cooked food and enjoyed speaking English all the time. But I found I kept saying "Merci" instead of "Thank you" I guess that's what a few months in Paris will do to you.

After saying goodbye to everyone I travel back to Paris...and then left again! This past weekend I visited the town of Grenoble, nestled in the French Alps. It was very scenic and beautiful though there was less snow than I pictured. After deciding to scale one of the mountains (in clothes completely unfit for climbing a mountain in 60 degree weather) we had a relaxing Raclette dinner on top of the mountain. For those who don't know what Raclette is, it is a dish of Swiss origin consisting of melted cheese and potato. Can't really go wrong with that.
The following day we headed to another beautiful town called Pont en Royans. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. This was one of the most beautiful places I have visited thus far in France.
And now I'm off to the apple store to hopefully fix my computer! Hopefully these blogs will start to be more weekly than monthly.

Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment