12 December 2009

Finals are here...

Remember when I decided that I was going to write more often? Well unfortunately I decided that just as finals were creeping up on us and now they are practically here. I admit I'm only writing right now to distract myself from essays I should be writing and studying I should be doing. But once finals are over we have over a month of winter break to look forward to before it's back to the old grind. For some of us this means going home and for others it means leaving to explore other, new places. But for all of us it means a little bit of a break from Paris.

I'm not sure about everyone else but even if I wasn't going home I would definitely be getting out of Paris for part of break and traveling. I love this city but I'm becoming claustrophobic as time goes on. I came here with such high expectations for what the year would hold and I haven't been disappointed, but part of the magic of Paris is the expectation of the city and once that wears off it's time to pack your bags and head somewhere else for a while. So as this blog gets ready for another Hiatus until after next Friday I wish all of my friends here at NYU in Paris good luck on their finals, and send greetings so everyone at home; I'm heading your way soon.

The next time I write will be from the warm (comparatively) weather of Manhattan Beach. But I will leave you with this scene of Oberkampf on a Saturday night, something I will definitely miss over break.

No comments:

Post a Comment