20 December 2009

I Hate the Combination of Travel and Snow

I am writing you this from the comfort of my middle seat on my 3rd flight since leaving Paris, on my way to my third country, and my fourth city, in my second continent. And San Francisco isn't even the final destination! I was unlucky enough to leave Paris on one of their largest snow falls ever (which really only means like 2 inches) but that was enough to delay my flight to the point where I missed my connection in Dublin.
I stayed the night and Dublin and made a new flight to NYC only to find my flight CANCELED by even more snow (this time a legitimate blizzard). Another overnight. This time I was in NYC and visited Mike in Manhattan and narrowly avoided being trapped in by the blizzard.
This morning I woke up to find my flight delayed so I would be missing my original connection in San Francisco. But I have a new flight scheduled now for a little after I land. After 3 days I should be making it to my final destination of Los Angeles. And Frankly I never want to get on a plane again...I've just remembered, my next flight is December 28th to Las Vegas and then on through Philadelphia. 8 days to recover before I have to deal with any more planes. I'm not sure if I'll write before Christmas so Merry Christmas to everyone who reads this. And to all my friends in Paris I hope you are home safely or are in the process of.

No comments:

Post a Comment