27 January 2010

Welcome Back

My second day back in the City of Lights in no way resembled the first. After I woke up I headed out to mandatory meeting talking about all of the trips and activities that are available this semester and waited for them to finish to I could get my hands on the free food they were giving us afterwards, after all thats our only incentive for going to our MANDATORY meetings. Some things I missed about meetings like this include, the free food, the dry humor of Christina Von Koehler as she presents the ballets and operas to us, and Bryan's French translations.
Afterwards a bunch of the freshman guys purchased wine and almost all 200 of us boarded a boat to take a cruise down the Seine. Needless to say they caught the attention of the upper classmen who were overheard wishing they had thought to do that. But the person who gained by far the most attention was Matt's friend from home Brandon. We first spotted him running along the river next to us as we all froze on the upper deck and he followed us up the river and back effectively running three or so miles before our boat actually pulled over and he dramatically jumped from the shore to the deck of our boat. Thats one way to make an entrance.
Here's Brandon Running alongside the boat

I was planning on calling it an early night around nine after I made myself some dinner but I got talked into going out to International a Bar and small band venue that we frequent right down the street from us. We were lucky enough to get there early enough to see two bands playing this time. The first band didn't really do anything for me but the second one called 'Elephanz' was an awesome way to end our night out before heading back to Alex's room to end the night as always. Maybe it was the lyrics, "Not gonna give into the girl next door, I'm just paying attention to the busty whore" that kept me entertained but either way it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment